Prayer For Lakota


I started this blog as a way to gather prayers for Lakota to get better. I never posted it. I know now this is not going to happen. After all this time and test, today she lost the want to eat and was getting worse. Fluid was found in her chest. It first seemed the pneumonia had returned, but that was not the case. A echo of her heart was done and a tumor was found. In the fluid were cancer cells. Hemangiosarcoma. Nothing at all point to this. Is is a separate issue or is it all tied in, I am floored.  I know now there is no hope. She is the best dog ever and I have no idea how to do this, but tomorrow I will say goodbye to my my best friend. Now I ask you to please pray for her. There has to be a special place just for her because she is a special dog. I have been blessed to have had her for ten yrs. I have quilt for all the crap she has put up with, but I love her more than I can say. This is for her..Let it be known a special soul will be leaving this place and I pray she will be well and I will see her again one day.


Lakota has sudden onset MEGA E. Right now, Drs do not know why and the scary thing is we may never know. If they can find the cause, there is a chance it could get better, but that is getting less and less likely but there is still hope.
Lakota has been gone since July 2nd. I cannot visit her now because of fear she will get so excited she will regurgitate and get pneumonia. She had pneumonia when she went in and has bounced back. She has not been able to eat hardly anything despite meds and medical techniques. She has to be weak and her immune system is weak.  She has plenty of company 24/7 that can help her if she needs it and I am sure her thoughts are she will be here soon and we can go home. She is still bright and waiting.

I am not rich..poor really, but I have managed to keep her insurance with PetPlan. So far it has saved what little mind I have left. The only ‘thing that would be worse is her being sick and me not being able to help her. Sure there will be a bit I have to pay, but that right now is not even on my mind. I would give anything for her to get better.
I have been trying to figure out what I can do because what I have done has failed. She needs a miracle and help from something bigger. What I am asking of you is to please pray, send energy, good thoughts etc. Please do it LOUD and maybe many voices will be heard.

What is here now may be gone in a split second.  Do yourself a favor and ask yourself ‘and ask often, how you would feel if one was gone. We all take things for granted too much.
Thank you so much in advance for your thoughts, prayers, etc..and please ask anyone you can to do so as well.

2 comments:

  1. Wanda, I am so sorry to hear that Lakota has sudden onset Mega E. My sister's dog has this, although he had it from birth. I pray that your beloved Lakota will stay strong & bright & the doctors will be able to pull her through. Thinking of her & you and sending all our love & prayers.
    Teresa & the furkidz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lakota has been a special girl & I am sure she has a special place in Heaven waiting for her. All the Angels will be waiting and singing a welcome "home" song to your special girl. I am so sorry you have to say goodbye to her. She will be in my prayers for a peaceful journey to the Bridge. My heart breaks for you, sending lots of love & lots of prayers.

    Teresa, KJ, Rain & Dozer

    ReplyDelete